The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has a vacancy based in Vienna, Austria, for Legal Specialist in the Legal Office.
- Conducts thorough research on laws, regulations, statutes, and precedents relevant to a case or legal matter, helping the lawyers to make informed decisions.
- Assists in the preparation and drafting of legal documents (e.g. contracts, memos, reports, etc.) for review by the lawyers of the Legal Office.
- Organizes and manages the Legal Office’s files, by maintaining documents and correspondence, ensuring that all relevant information is readily accessible to the lawyers in the Legal Office.
- Interacts with internal and external users to provide updates, gather information, and schedule appointments, including provision of answers to basic legal inquiries.
- Assists in the preparation for potential legal cases, liaising with the Appeals Committee Registrar when required to coordinate interviews or assemble background material for the Appeals Committee.
- Performs administrative duties, such as scheduling meetings, managing calendars and maintaining office organization.
- Utilizes software and technology to organize and manage documents, track deadlines, and conduct legal research efficiently.
- Conducts background checks and facts related to cases, contracts, or transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
- Drafts correspondence, memos, and legal summaries for the lawyers in the Legal Office.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the General Legal Counsel as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Requirements and Work Experience
- University degree in Law or equivalent subject (i.e. legal studies, or Paralegal professional certification)
- Work experience: 4 years as attorney in international organizations or similar institutions preferred
- Training Specialization Experience and/or training in at least one of the following areas:
- Contract law
- Labour/employment law
- Legal drafting, contract negotiations
- Legal research
- Social security law
- International law Skills and Knowledge
- Communication and analytical skills
- Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German an asset
- Monthly basic salary of (€4,763 x 12 per year), with tax-free benefits and six-week annual leave.
- For more details please visit: https://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/employment/1626.htm
Applicants should please complete the form called “Application Form” which may be downloaded from our homepage (www.opec.org) and send it to: OPEC Finance & Human Resources Department Helferstorferstrasse 17 A-1010 Vienna – AUSTRIA Or email: email@example.com Online applicants should quote “Job Code 1.1.07” in the “Subject” field. An automatic reply will be sent to confirm the successful submission of the documents.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 10 December 2023
Acknowledgements will only be sent to short-listed candidates.