WOMEN IN LAW CONFERENCE 2020
The Women in Law Initiative connects female legal professionals and thought leaders from all around the globe and offers an exceptional meeting platform in the heart of Europe.
June 4 – 6, 2020
University of Vienna
- from freshmen year to retirement,
- all legal professions: lawyers, notaries public, in-house counsel, judges, researchers and scientists, civil servants, etc.
- male allies of the cause, creating an international network of (prospective) legal professionals in both academia and the legal industry.
Focus areas / Tracks
- bias: conscious or unconscious – creating awareness and dealing with it,
- flexibility and agility: strengths and weaknesses of modern working environments,
- diversity / inclusion / intersectionality: going beyond gender,
- threats: physical and mental health, multiple responsibilities, etc.,
- reaching the top: overcoming obstacles on the way to partner, director, board.
From theory to practice
- 5 tracks with one introductory lecture, panel, and workshop each:
- lecture and panel: theoretical input by experts,
- workshop: interactive learning & best practice.
- Participants can attend two tracks (morning and afternoon).
- 08:00 - 08:30
- Registration & Networking Breakfast
- 08:30 - 09:30
- Welcome & Keynote
- 09:45 - 12:30
- Tracks Round 1 (alternative tracks 1, 2, 3)
- 12:30 - 13:30
- Networking Lunch
- 13:30 - 16:00
- Tracks Round 2 (alternative tracks 4, 5)
- 16:00 - 17:00
- Summary, Thanks & Farewell
- 18:00 - 21:00
- Justitia Awards Ceremony to celebrate outstanding Female Legal Professionals (Laureates for 2020)